There is always a possibility of a Gmail user receiving dozens or maybe hundreds of emails on a daily basis. However, it’s fortunate for all the Gmail users that Google has an effective spam management system. Despite the robust spam management system, there are a lot of instances that will make you frustrated for the overloading of unwanted messages in your Inbox.
There also might arise a situation where you are still receiving emails from a specific previous project, despite opting for the restrictions on receiving those texts. Further, now you don’t even feel like receiving notification from the channels you have subscribed to YouTube from your Gmail ID. Eventually, most of the messages turn out to be spam messages. Spam messages are those texts which are mostly irrelevant and are received from an unknown person.
Irrespective of the situation, if you use Gmail and are receiving unwanted emails, then it’s very important for you to know the steps you can take to manage and eliminate the unsolicited emails.
How Does a Gmail user filter the emails from a specific sender?
It’s very simple for you to know the procedures of Gmail to filter certain emails and block a few of them. Further, you can also abstain from keeping a specific user sending regular emails to you. Either, you can prevent the emails or direct those emails to a different folder.
Block Unwanted Emails/Spam Mails in Gmail Email Account?
Here are the steps to be followed for blocking an email account in Gmail.
Procedure 1: How to block emails from a sender?
- Initially, you have to open one of the messages sent by the mail address you wish to block.
- On the top right corner of the screen, you’ll find an icon showing ‘down arrow,’ tap on it.
- After tapping on it, you’ll find a drop-down menu displaying the option of ‘Block.’
- The block option will have the name of the sender as well.
- After availing of the block option, you’ll find a confirmation message on your screen.
- The confirmation message will assure you that all the emails in the future from this sender will be regarded as ‘Spam’ and will be sent directly to your ‘Spam’ folder.
- And, then lastly, click on the ‘Block’ icon, which will be getting displayed in the confirmation message.
Furthermore, if someday you feel like unblocking the sender, you can visit any of the sender’s messages and click on the drop-down option and tap the ‘Unblock’ option. Just like the process of blocking, you will also get the Unblock option attached to the sender’s name, click on it. Then, again you will receive a confirmation message for reassuring that this means that you will be able to receive all the texts from the sender. Further, the confirmation message will also display the ‘Unblock’ option in it. Eventually, all you gotta do is click on that option.
Procedure 2: Filter the emails from a specific user automatically
Now, it’s time to check out the steps to automatically filtering emails in Gmail. Further, you will also be able to use the filter to direct messages from a specific sender to another folder. Follow the steps below to make it happen.
- Go to the ‘Gmail search bar’ and click on the right side of the icon.
- You’ll find the ‘Advanced Gmail search.’
- In the ‘From’ field, type the sender’s name whose emails you desire to get filtered.
- Further, it would be better for you to be more specific while filtering by giving some relevant information related to the emails.
- Once you’re done with it, tap on the link specifying ‘Create filter with this search.’
- After doing that, you’ll find an icon displaying ‘Create filter’ appear on the screen.
- This dialog box will ask you what is needed to be done for every individual message that relates to anything that you have specified in the ‘Advanced Gmail search’ box.
- It’s crucial for you to know that any option such as ‘Skip the Inbox’ and ‘Delete it’ will abstain from these emails from appearing in the Gmail inbox. Moreover, the ‘Delete it’ option will result in keeping all the unwanted messages out from your Spam folder and Inbox folder as well.
You shouldn’t be worried about the confidentiality and privacy of your emails, as you always have the option of not just reducing but eliminating all the unwanted or spam messages from your Inbox. You can use Gmail’s blocking and filtering options to get rid of all the unsolicited emails for the smooth functioning of your business or day to day activities on Gmail. Further, if you don’t know how to deal with all the scams and phishing emails, you can eliminate them as well.
In this world of advanced technology, it becomes very crucial for any individual to know the methods on how to make the Gmail account more secure. Therefore, you can follow the points mentioned above to have an organized Gmail inbox, which will result in efficiency and productivity in your everyday activities.